Wednesday 17 April 2013

A guide to commenting:



After a rather busy few days moderating comments, I have come to realize that I'm mostly the one at fault.  Without a series of guidelines in place, people may not understand why their post may have been deleted.  As a rule, I don't like deleting posts, and I very much believe people should get their say.  On the other hand, I do not want this site to become overwhelmed with spam, flamewars, and bickering.



For the future, please keep the following in mind:


  1. First and foremost, PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL.  Just like your grandmother used to say, if you can't say something nicely, don't say say it at all.  Name calling, bad attitudes, and trolling will not be tolerated.  
  2. Keep in mind that my own comments on most of this blog are based on opinion.  I provide links as to where I find information to base my opinion.  If your opinion differs, that is fine, but that does not automatically make one of us wrong and one of us right.
  3. I am Canadian, and will report things from a Canadian perspective.  As the title says, I believe that the Saab Gripen is the best multirole fighter for Canada.  Whether it is the best fighter for other countries is not the focus.
  4. PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC.  If a post discusses missile technology, don't go on about STOVL capability or your local hockey team.
  5. PLEASE AVOID BICKERING.  If an opinion differs, agree to disagree.  Hammering the same argument over and over accomplishes nothing.  
  6. If you find an error, please let me know, but back it up.  I am sorry, but I cannot accept the word of an anonymous commenter's cousin's son's roommate.  Provide a link, an article, or put me in touch with someone who can confirm or deny your claims.  
  7. I am human, and I will make mistakes from time to time.  Please understand that.
  8. I will reserve the right to alter my opinion from time to time given new information.  If I do, I will give reasons why.
  9. Please understand that this is my blogsite, and I will be the final say regarding what stays and what goes.
  10. If you have serious issue with me, or something that I have posted, PLEASE E-MAIL ME DIRECTLY.  I will be more than willing to discuss things directly with you that way, and hopefully we can come to an agreement.
Thanks for your understanding.  If you have any questions, please contact me at ravenankh@gmail.com

In the meantime, please enjoy some music...


http://youtu.be/1Hf0DXE8SdE

2 comments:

  1. I will do my best to adhere to your rules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You didn't. Not even close. Your comment generalizing "Gripen fanboys" was way over the line. You have argued every point, every post, without adding anything of value.

      Go troll somewhere else.

      Delete