- Check out Best Fighter for Canada!
- What Canada needs: Then and Now
- Stealth: Separating Substance from Superstition
- Is the F-35 really a fifth generation fighter?
- Is the F-35 right for Canada?
- Where did the F-35 go wrong?
- Why the Saab Gripen NG is right for Canada
- Why the Gripen may be the true "21st Century Fighter"
- Typhoon for Canada?
- Dassault Rafale: Oui or non?
- What about the Super Hornet?
- How the five fighters stack up
- 6th and 7th Generation: Rise of the Super Arrow?
- What we might be up against
- Myths and Misconceptions
- The Usual Suspects
- Get involved!
Wednesday, 3 July 2013
Saab starts building the first Gripen E!
Saab has started building the first pre-production Gripen E.
This will be the first "NG" Gripen built from the ground up and the first single seat Gripen with the more powerful F414 engine, AESA radar, repositioned landing gear, extra fuel, and IRST.
Saab has already secured orders from Sweden. Switzerland is (hopefully) shortly behind, and the Gripen is a front runner in the competition for Brazil's next fighter.